An increasing number of people are choosing to spend their retirement years in Panama. One of the reasons why Panama is such an attractive destination is the government’s pensionado visa. Over the years, this program has gained a reputation as one of the best retiree schemes in the world. The pensionado program offers unique benefits that are hard to find anywhere else. Which means you can spend more time enjoying your retirement.
Best of all, the pensionado program is available to foreigners. By meeting a few simple requirements you may be eligible to apply for a pensionado visa. That means you can retire in Panama at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost to retire in many other countries.
( Watch the video below or read on to learn more)
Why Panama is a Great Place to Retire
Ease of Living in Panama
What is a Pensionado Visa?
Benefits of a Pensionado Visa
- 50% off entertainment anywhere in the country (movies, concerts, sports)
- 30% off domestic transportation fares (trains, buses, public transportation, boats)
- 25% off domestic and international flights
- 50% off midweek hotel stays
- 30% off weekend hotel stays
- 25% off at sit-down restaurants
- 15% off at fast-food restaurants
- 15% off hospital bills (if no insurance applies)
- 10% off prescription medicines
- 20% off doctors visits
- 15% off dental and eye exams
- 20% off professional and technical services
- 50% reduction in closing costs for home loans
- 25% discounts on utility bills
- 15% off loans made in your name
- 1% off home mortgages for homes used for personal residence
As you can see, the savings available are extensive. When you add this to the already low cost of living and high quality of life available in Panama, it makes it clear why the pensionado visa is so popular. For retired individuals, this is a great deal to enjoy the rest of their lives to the fullest at a fraction of the cost. And unlike some countries, Panama will never arbitrarily rescind your pensionado visa. Even if future requirements for the visa change!
Applying for a Pensionado Visa