Finding a good meal can be difficult when you’re tired and hungry in a strange land. We’ve decided to take the guesswork out of it for you. Here is a list of the top 10* restaurants to visit while in Pedasi, ordered alphabetically. At the end of this list you’ll also find a map showing the location of each. Buen provecho! (Or bon appétit!).
- Au Natural – serving authentic and creative French dishes, though at irregular hours. The normal schedule is dinner on Monday; breakfast and lunch Tuesday – Friday; closed on Saturday (everybody deserves a beach day) and brunch on Sunday.
- Bohemia – delicious pizza and pasta dinners served Thursday through Tuesday 5pm-10pm. The perfect place to load up on some tasty carbs for the beach the next day.
- Chichemito – serving traditional Panamanian fare, BBQ chicken, steak, fish, pork with rice and beans, fried plantains, fresh fruit juices and smoothies. Top it all off with a $0.75 (or a dollar for a double) ice cream cone and head right back to the beach.
- Déjà Vu – authentic brick oven Italian pizzas and pastas open everyday from 6:30pm onwards. Insider tip – in case you’re starving, this is the very first restaurant you will pass on the way back from Bull Beach and Lagarita Beach. You’re welcome.
- Mama Fefa – very popular traditional Panamanian lunches. Try to get there before 12:30pm or the food may (read will) run out.
- Restaurante Ejecutivo – at the edge of town this is the first restaurant you pass coming into Pedasi from the north. Delicious seafood and traditional Panamanian fare, inside and al fresco dining.
- Segreto – Se avete lasciato Pedasi e non avete mangiato al Segreto, fate inversione immediatamente per vedere se hanno un tiramisù per voi. Oh, The food is sooo good at Segreto that by some mysterious culinary osmosis you may start speaking Italian. What I said was “If you leave Pedasi without eating at Segreto, turn the car around right now and come back, there may be still be a tiramisu left for you” (Homemade tiramisu. Home. Made. Turn that car around.)
- Smiley’s Restaurant – a Pedasi staple for consistently delicious food. BBQ ribs, fresh fish, chicken, steaks, salads, ceviche, etc. Smiley’s features live music every Tuesday and Friday evening, with some of Pedasi’s most talented musicians, including (insert shameless plug here) Panama Equity’s very own Jonathan Clay (guitar and vocals) and Tedd Tennis (guitar, bass, drums, vocals, backup vocals, harmonica, piano, triangle, glockenspiel, and basically anything that can be hit, strummed, stroked, shaken or otherwise smacked, swatted or struck to produce a sound).
- Terry’s Los Destiladeros– Authentic French and Panamanian fusion located steps from the beach in Los Destiladeros. Open 12:00pm – 9pm daily
- Tortugas – delicious Mexican food and a very cool atmosphere. On the weekends dinner often turns to dancing, and there is no curfew (what happens at Tortugas stays at Tortugas). Closed Tuesdays.
*Honorable mention goes to Mare Bonita. Formerly located in Pedasi, this delicious restaurant has moved to Chitre, directly across the highway from the Riba Smith grocery store. The menu is constantly evolving, offering a changing medley of delicious concoctions based on a fusion of Italo-Latin flavors.