Pedasi tops the list of popular retirement destinations and the cost of living is right up there for one of the reasons why.
Living in Pedasi will allow you to enjoy a great lifestyle for a cost of living that is vastly lower than what you’d find in the United States or Europe. Giving an accurate estimation of what you’d need to budget for a couple (retiree or otherwise) is difficult, as this very much depends on the kind of lifestyle you want to have.
The great thing about Pedasi is the mix of options for all budgets: there are a number local eateries where full course meals run as cheap as $4. At the other end of the scale, you’ll also find a variety of restaurants serving American gourmet and European cuisine where dinner goes for $10 – $25 a head. Overall, prices in Pedasi are fairly low, especially in comparison to other cities in Panama, and it is safe to say that a couple can live comfortably in Pedasi for about $1,500 to $2,000 per month.
- Maid/Housekeeper (per month, depending on amount of work) – $15
- Gardener (per month) – $15
- Dozen eggs – around $1.80
- Bottle national beer – $0.40
- Bread (per pound) – $1.30
- Fresh fish (per pound) – $2 – $3
- Fresh pineapple – $1
- Fresh avocado – $0.80
- Meal at simple, local restaurant – $5
- Lunch or dinner at international restaurant – $15 – $30
- Electricity (per month) – $60 – $100
- Water (per month) – $10 – $20
- Telephone (per month, includes internet/cable TV) – around $50
- Full-coverage car insurance – $30 – $35
- Doctor’s visit (at local clinic) – approx. $5 – $10
- Health Insurance (per month) – $75 – $200
- Garbage pickup (cost per year) – $15
- ESTIMATED TOTAL PER MONTH FOR A COUPLE – $1,500