Our Pedasi community continues to grow and over the past year a variety of new businesses have sprung up to meet the growing demand of all of the new residents.
In fact, many of our clients have moved to Pedasi with the intention of retiring and found that there are just so many business opportunities that they cannot resist. And they are coming from all over the world, meaning you’re starting to get a great variety of international choices when it comes to food, fun, and adventures.
New Businesses in Pedasi
- Glamping Panama offers luxury camping facilities as well as tent rentals. $95/night service includes fully furnished camp with queen size bed and solar powered lighting, complete bathroom facilities with solar water heating shower. The price includes a complimentary beverage and there is a champagne breakfast vegan option available for purchase. More info can be found here.
- Homemade Cookie Studio bakes traditional favorites such as chocolate chip, M&Ms, oatmeal raisin cookies, as well as other varieties like almond, lemon, vanilla, and cranberry cookies up to 2 weeks in advance for birthdays, parties and other special occasions. Call +(507) 6691 8268 or visit their Facebook page.
- Private Ride Service offers VIP door-to-door transportation service to or from Panama City and Playa Venao and many other popular destinations throughout Panama. +(507) 6237-3577, more info can be found here.
- Déjà Vu Brick Oven Pizzeria serves authentic brick oven Italian pizzas and pastas every day from 6:30pm onwards.
- Surf Dojo is a full-scale training facility dedicated to the sport of Surfing
Book a surf camp at Playa Venao and speed up your learning curve. Learn more here.
- Pelicano’s Hostel offers $10 beds, serves up drinks and music, and offers tour packages as well. The hostel is located 1 block south of the main square and 1 block east of Main St in Pedasi.
- Arenas Tours offers trips to Isla Iguana for up to 5 people including lunch, drinks and beach umbrellas for $130 ($70 without lunch and drinks). +(507) 6749-4626 or check their Facebook page here.
- Isla Cañas Marina Adventures offers a variety of tours around Isla Cañas and the surrounding mangrove forests by boat, kayak and stand up paddle (SUP) – Visit their website.
2017 Real Estate Prices Pedasi
Prices on homes for sale in Pedasi are also starting to creep up a bit, with the mid $200k price point leading the way in terms of fastest selling. And we’re also starting to see demand for new home sites in between town and the beach, which is great for “filling in the gap.”
Sellers who plan to convert their dollars into other currencies also tend to be quite pragmatic when it comes to asking price, offering good value to buyers on homes built prior to 2015 when the dollar began its current rally, meaning there are still some good deals to be found!
Developers and investors can also find great value in larger land parcels of 2.5+ acres, both on the beach and in the hills with ocean views. Demand remains low for land outside of town with no beach access or ocean view, while supply remains high – a good time for buyers to negotiate for big discounts.
Local Goings On in Pedasi
If you are planning a visit to Pedasi and would like to get involved in some local events, below is a short list to get you started. Please be advised that Central America is currently experiencing a heat wave. According to ETESA (the Panamanian electric company) in April the sun is almost directly overhead in Panama during the middle of the day, making April one of the year’s hottest months. We still have a couple more months until the rains return to the eastern Azuero peninsula, so pack accordingly with lightweight long sleeves and plenty of sunscreen:
- The Panama National Surf Championship in Playa Venao will be held from April 30th to May 13th, 2017, though the specific dates will depend on the swell conditions. The swell is up in general lately but check online with Surfline or Magicseaweed for real time surf reports and forecasts.
- Playa Panamaes in Los Destiladeros is hosting a boogie board competition on April 15th. There are no services at this beach so pack food and water if you plan on heading out there.
- TeachPTY is a social enterprise that offers travelers the opportunity to teach English to children and experience the Panamanian way of living as a resident rather than a tourist. The organization provides travelers the opportunity to stay in a friendly, safe home-stay environment, as they contribute their time and energy volunteering.
- The fishing has also been excellent for the last several months. Snapper, grouper, amberjack, snook, corvine and rooster fish are all abundant and biting. Charter a boat with Captain Craig from Casa Lajagua. More information can be found here.
So, there you have it. Ready to hop on a plane and check it all out in Pedasi?